Google

20 December 2016

kalmstrom.com Visit To Indian Buddhist Stupa

Earlier this month I visited the Indore office, and one day we made an excursion to the World Heritage monuments at Sanchi. It felt great to visit this Buddhist temple in good company with Hindu and Muslim team members in true ecumenical spirit.
Sanchi stupa

Relics sanctuary
The Great Stupa at Sanchi has been enhanced during centuries, but it was first constructed in the 3rd century BCE. It is the oldest stone structure in India, built over the relics of the Buddha. His cremation relics are divided among many stupas, and this is one of them.
Sanchi stupa

I was surprised that I could not enter the stupa. I thought it would contain a room for meditation, but it is solid and Buddhist monks worshiped outside the stupa.
Sanchi stupa

Tolerance and respect
kalmstrom.com has no Buddhist team member today, but when the team discussed what they wanted to show me on our excursion, they still decided on the Sanchi Stupa. They are proud of this place, which is on the UN lists of World Heritage Sites.
Sanchi stupa

At the core all religions preach tolerance and respect, but we have all seen many examples on prejudice and violence in the name of religion. Therefore it was an elevating experience to visit this holy place together with my Hindu and Muslim work mates.
Sanchi stupa

Final celebration
The excursion to Sanchi was made during my last day in Indore, after some days with work, discussions and planning at the office. As always, it was a great pleasure for me to visit the Indian team. I met long time colleagues who have become friends, and I could talk to new employees face to face for the first time.
Sanchi stupa

Please enjoy the photos, taken by the kalmstrom.com team members Abhishek Sharma and Bhupendra Singh!

Peter Kalmström
CEO and Systems Designer
kalmstrom.com Business Solutions

No comments:

Post a Comment