Google

04 January 2017

Yoga, Cooking, Sketching And Road Trips - Meet New kalmstrom.com Developer

Really good developers are curious, imaginative and open-minded, and I have found that these qualities often go hand in hand with having other interests than programming. Today I have the pleasure to introduce one of these multi-talented people: our new Software Developer: Abhishek Sharma. Below Abhishek tells his story.

IT Career
I completed my Bachelor of Technology in 2012, but gaining knowledge is useless if we don't use it, so I started my professional career. I worked with technologies like WPF, MVC, ASP.NET, JavaScript and SQL Server, which helped me to polish my programming skills.
Abhishek Sharma photo
Eager for challenges
Sugar is not the only taste of survival, and it is the same with programming. I am always eager to try new things and explore new logics that carry out difficult tasks in a simple way. Finding something challenging beyond my experience makes me happy, because that way I can raise myself one step further and eventually the challenge seems smaller than nothing.

Coding is not my sole interest. I love to sketch, dance and photograph – and to help my mother in her cooking. I know she doesn't need it and never even wanted it, but  I still always try to do some "Abhishek special" to take over all credits from my mother.
Sai Baba of Shirdi

Indian spiritual master 
In the sketch above, I have tried to depict Sai Baba of Shirdi. He was an Indian spiritual master, regarded by his devotees as a saint, fakir or satguru. सांईं means Sai and is written with Hindi letters.

The other word, ॐ, stands for a mantra that sounds like "Om" or "Aum". It is written in the ancient Indian language Sanskrit, and its meaning is beyond explanation. But you can feel it! Sit straight with your body and mind relaxed, and take a slow deep breath. Then start chanting the mantra, and you will feel the effect it creates on mind and body.
Abhishek Sharma photo
Road trips 
Another thing I like, is to make adventurous road trips with friends. At one occasion we covered more than 700 km in single day on bikes. It was in the middle of the winter, and the visibility was less than 10 meters.

Some people said it was foolish and dangerous, but my reply was: "It might be dangerous for one or two persons, but it was worth living the moment with a group of friends I trusted." That trip taught me that we can achieve something unexpected when we work as a team, no matter how bad the situation gets.

PowerShell scripts
PowerShell iconDuring the two months I have been working with the kalmstrom.com team, I have been involved in a couple of PowerShell projects, directed by Peter Kalmström and our Lead Developer Jayant Rimza.
I created PowerShell scripts for automatic e-mail notifications and for automatic installation and upgrade of kalmstrom.com SharePoint sandboxed solutions.

Kanban Task Manager
Kanban Task Manager for SharePoint logotype I also worked on the My Tasks app part, which is included in our popular Kanban Task Manager SharePoint Add-in. There I used client side scripting language.

kalmstrom.com gave me a chance to explore new logics to satisfy our customer requirements, and I believe I will meet their expectations in the future.

Abhishek Sharma
Software Developer
kalmstrom.com Business Solutions

No comments:

Post a Comment