Google

25 October 2009

kalmstrom.com supports Windows 7

Congratulations to Microsoft who released their new operating system Windows 7 this week! All our kalmstrom.com products are of course compatible with both the 32-bit and the 64-bit versions, and also with the server counterpart Windows Server 2008 R2. In comparison with the adaptation to Vista this one has been fairly easy, and I think the transfer from Vista to Windows 7 will go rather smoothly for the common user too. (We heard some complaints when Vista was introduced!)

I guess you have read reviews on this latest operating system, and maybe also tried it, so I will only say that I have used the Beta version since this spring and like it. My greatest worry was that my old software would not work with Win7. All developers are not as quick in making their products compatible as kalmstrom.com! However, Microsoft has solved this problem elegantly by offering a compatibility troubleshooter.Works with Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2
I just had to right click the installer and tell which OS the software worked with, and the problem was almost always solved. In one case I have to run the program as administrator, even though I am logged in as administrator, but I can live with that.

The image you see to the right is given by Microsoft to products that support both Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2, and I am sure you recognize it from the home pages of all kalmstrom.com products, as they have been there for a while. Now our technicians have already started with next challenge ‒ to make all our applications compatible with Office 2010!

Kate Kalmstrom
Sales, kalmstrom.com Business Solutions